DanceSPORT International Supports the art and sport of partnership dancing
Click on the following links for:
A , Ongoing places for same-gender couples to dance and train in the US
B. Single one-time upcoming dance events for same-gender couples in the US
C. Both single/one-time and ongoing dance venues, events and train outside of the US
Dance Partner Search - post your information by country to find a
partner for practice or competition
You may also scroll down through the Lambda DanceSPORT International home page
information about any single, one-time or ongoing partnership dance events
for same-gender couples to
The above photo was taken during
the former Trax Country/Western Tea Dance
The above photos were taken
on the main stage during
Lambda DanceSPORT International is in the process of obtaining 501(c)(3) status. Lambda DanceSPORT is dedicated to the promotion of partnership dancing of all styles for same-gender couples in the LGBT community around the globe. Our objective is three-fold and the first is a very selfish one...(1) "We love to dance...and we want more people in the LGBT community to dance with us". (2) We also believe that when we dance together as same-gender couples, we help to unite the different factions of our own often-split community and (3) We dispel many of the negative steriotypes of what some like to believe our same-gender relationships are all about...(and especially when we're exceptionally well-trained and good at what we do!). Gay Dancing could easily be one of the most non-confrontational and effective forms of grass roots gay activism available to us today. It's difficult for even the most outspoken and bigoted bystanders to make their typical negative remarks and continue in their typical negative opinions when the dancing abilities of the gay and lesbian couples on the floor stand out above the crowd (and especially when we get good at changing leader and follower roles right in the middle of the dance!). It's high time for all of us to take our dancing talents OUT of the gay & lesbian-only bars, clubs and venues and to get ourselves Out On The Dance Floor!!
The objective of promoting partnership dancing for same-gender couples throughout the LGBT community by Lambda DanceSPORT International might include, among other goals, encouraging more couples to become spectators and/or competitors during the country-wide IAGLCWDC annual and semi-annual C/W events, as well as during the quadrennial Gay Games® and World OutGames Gay Sport and Cultural Festivals. In addition to promoting partnership dancing of all types within the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) community, the purpose of Lambda DanceSport International is to also integrate our dancing with the non-LGBT community, which could once again be one of the most powerful methods of grass roots gay activism available to us. The proposed mission statement and objectives of Lambda DanceSPORT International follow :
The above photos were taken during
The Dutch Open Championships
for up-to-date information and links concerning
This corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, competitive, performance and social purposes within the requirements and meaning of section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the "Code").
ARTICLE I - Name
ARTICLE II - Objective
1.Promote public interest in and knowledge of partnership dancing in the LGBT community;
2.Serve as a source of education, and supply educational materials for the purpose of training individuals in the principles of partnership dance and related activities;
3. Print, publish, and distribute or cause to be printed, published or distributed to the public, informational writings on the subject of partnership dance in the LGBT community;
4. Foster and promote lectures related to dance and dance activities;
5. Foster and promote exhibition and competitive dance activities, including, but not limited to, showcase dance exhibitions, competitions and performances;
6. Sponsorship of dance teams for performance in open competitions and exhibitions, to include, but not restricted to The International Association of Gay/Lesbian Country and Western Dance Club's (IAGLCWDC) annual and semi-annual competitions; The European Gay and Lesbian Sports Championships (EuroGames); The Gay Games Ballroom, and Country/Western competitions; plus any comps organized by the Lambda DanceSport International or any other organizations promoting partnership dancing for same-gender couples;
7. Host and co-host social activities for the purpose of fostering financial support of charitable efforts, both in the LGBT community and the non-LGBT community;
8. Host and co-host social and/or fund-raising activities for the purpose of bringing together the many separate entities of the LGBT community;
9. Host and co-host social and/or fund-raising activities for the purpose of bringing together those who are interested in the different styles of dance in the LGBT community;
10. Host and co-host social and/or fund-raising activities for the purpose of bringing together the LGBT community and non-LGBT community through their mutual appreciation of music and dance;
11. Host and co-host social and/or fund-raising activities for the purpose of supplementing the sending of our local dance troops and performance teams to different competitions and training workshops, seminars, & conventions in other areas of the United States and abroad.
12. Host and maintain a web site to publicize events sponsored by Lambda DanceSport International and other LGBT dance organizations around the world.
13. Eventually establish chapters of the Organization in other cities in the United States and throughout the world or assist others in establishing similar organizations for the purpose of fulfilling any or all of these objectives.
Lambda DanceSport International is
not only concerned with promoting one or a few styles, but rather all
styles of partnership dance in the LGBT community. The opinion is that
the more different styles of dance are included, the more people over-all
will get involved and ultimately benefit from this all-too-often overlooked
sport and art form in the LGBT community.
The photos below were taken during
a Workshop Weekend in The Netherlands
The photos below were taken at
the former Trax C/W Tea Dance, washington DC
The photos below
were taken during
The photos below were taken at
NO PREVIOUS DANCE EXPERIENCE OR PARTNER NECESSARY TO ATTEND, SO INVITE EVERYONE!
3-night LIVE Premiere Event
been WATCHING 'Dancing with the Stars'...
Join Lambda DanceSport DC and the Chevy Chase Ballroom & DanceSport Center this Saturday in the art and sport of DanceSport for same-gender couples. A sport which could well become one of the most effective forms of grass-roots LGBT activism available to us today, not only in the courts or at the end of a picket sign (though those are important, as well), but rather Out On The Dance Floor!!